ILTA - Our Story
Italian Language Teachers’ Association (ILTA) is a professional association that provides information and services to teachers of Italian in NSW.
ILTA aims to:
- Identify and serve the needs of teachers of Italian.
- Promote the diffusion of Italian language and culture in schools and the wider community.
- Provide opportunities for professional development of its members.
- Actively represent teachers of Italian in all relevant forums.
- Raise awareness of issues and information pertinent to the Italian language and culture.
- Keep members informed of curriculum requirements and changes.
- Liase with professional and social organisations in the area of Education and the Italian community.
- Develop links between teachers of Italian K-12.
- Foster collegiality in all sectors of Education in NSW.
- Raise awareness of the variety and current trends of language teaching methodology.
These aims are achieved by:
- Organisation of forums for teachers of Italian.
- Development of teaching materials.
- Organisation of language and cultural activities for students of Italian.
- Organisation of inservices, conferences and workshops for teachers of Italian.
- Dissemination of information on Italian language and culture.
- Sharing of ideas and resources.
- Informing members of Board of Studies documents, requirements and changes.
If you are not yet a member and wish to join, please click on the online registration form or if your are already a paid up member, click HERE to get access to member only areas of this website.
Similarly, if you have material, ideas or contacts that complement the aims of ILTA, we would appreciate hearing from you. It is by working together that we can achieve our aims!
Angela Porro (President)
Victoria Meduri (Vice-President)
Existing members click HERE to get the process started for online access to the members only areas of our website.